Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Romantic Jumble

I love the photos on The Selby. Something about Selby's photography captures such a romanticism in all the homes and businesses he visits. It's really inspiring seeing how people live and transform a space to fit their lives and reflect themselves. But I've realized something about these photos. All the ones that I love, that are so romantic, are filled with the clutter of everyday life. And when I look at these photos I hope that someday I'll be able to capture that same romanticism wherever I live (or the next time I'm decorating a living space other than a temporary dorm room). Except I don't think I can live with that kind of jumble. So will I every be able to capture that same aesthetic? I guess I won't know until I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment