Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Yesterday I took my nail polish off without reapplying a new color directly afterwards for the first time in a month and a half. It felt good. I was having a lot of fun with nail polish. I really liked the idea of people noticing that I had a different color on my nails every time I went to class (although I talked to a friend and she said she doesn't like changing the color of her nails for this very reason). But now having clean nails is incredibly appealing.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Lipstick is definitely the best option for your lips. Maybe this has always been obvious to everybody but me but for the past year my many shades (none of which I have actually purchased by me, they are all old tubes of my mom's or free Lancome samples (some of them should probably be thrown out by now)) have become my best friends to aid in capturing a look. Why did I ever think lipgloss was so good?
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Why don't more establishments have compost, recycling, and trash receptacles? I'm pretty sure most people these days know the difference between green, blue, and black and does it really take that much money effort to mark or label a plastic bin. I think not! I know many places I go where I live have bins of three but I notice that if all three are not all together in every location, people will just throw whatever they have into the closest bin (lazy, as I said, and perhaps slightly unaware or in dire need to dispose of something?). The easiest solution: bins of three in all locations! I know I will make the effort to search for the right bin or hold on to an empty bottle until I get home so I can recycle it, but most people aren't me.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
So I just bought a fur coat. But before you condemn me to hell forever, let me tell you that it's vintage. Does that make it any better? For some people, fur is fur is fur. And for me, it does bring up some ethical issues. I've already been told by my mother that it is "so not PC" and by my sister that it doesn't make a difference whether or not it's vintage. These are things that I had already considered for a good hour before returning to the store I'd spotted it at to buy it. But, suddenly I regretted my purchase; no matter how cheap it was for a coat or how good shape it was in, I couldn't help think how many rabbits it used to be. But after a half hour of mulling it over and reading about the issue, I feel a little better.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
- Equality (in all senses of the word--use your imagination, broaden your mind)
- Chemicals cause cancer
- Chemicals are in cigarettes
- Kindness and a smile can make someone's day that much better
- Sunscreen protects your skin so in the future it doesn't resemble leather
- Leaving a charger plugged in or a light on unnecessarily harms your home and mine (and I plan on living here for the rest of my life, don't you?)
- Texting while I'm talking to you (especially in a restaurant) is rude
Monday, August 2, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
- suspenders (a la brilliant little Swedish girl I saw who wore them with a baggy shirt... so good)
- wedges with buckles or straps that contrast the skin over the bridge of my foot (too specific, you say? Why do you think I'm still searching?)
- black and white striped shirt (why is it so difficult to find you? Shouldn't you be everywhere? So simple, so classic, and yet nowhere to be found; damn you, navy and white nautical wear)
- chunky monotone sweater (a la perfect Prada one below)
- something nude (the wedges of my dreams, perhaps)
- ethnically patterned pillows
- the perfect pair of high-waisted, pleated, and tapered work pants
- more prints
- more camel
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
So I’m new. If this were facebook, you would find no information about me besides my birthday (no year, DUH, don’t want no creepers knowing my tender age if they couldn’t tell from my photos already) and school. But, lucky for you, it’s not! So you’ll get to hear all my thoughts, GREAT stories, worries, and woes. And I do tell great stories (just kidding, but I never disappoint on entertainment! Never). Please return for more on fashion, what I don’t like in the world, what I do like in the world, foreigners, and me generally trying to figure out my life. Cheers! Ciao! Aloha!