Monday, September 20, 2010

What is it about London Fashion Week?

I couldn't help but feel bored by New York Fashion Week this year, except for three shows: Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, and Proenza Schouler. These three were all interesting and different from the other shows of the season. I'm not saying I didn't like any of the other shows, because I did. They just stood out among all the cool and classic as new and different from seasons past.

Now, London Fashion Week never fails to excite me. Out of all the fashion weeks it definitely has the most creative (in the obvious sense of the word) fashion and is probably my favorite fashion week to look through. And even though none of my favorite designers show in London, it is always the fashion week that inspires me to dress creatively and fearlessly more than any other. Yet, if I had to choose any fashion week to attend, it would probably be Paris. You can always count on Paris to put out the exquisite that you could stare at for hours and fawn over. So is London Fashion Week just a big, fun fashion party that will be dated in 6 months? I can't really answer that question and I am in no way trying to discredit the work shown there because, obviously, I love it. I guess I love it because when I look at a show, I'm looking for art and intricate design. And art isn't interesting if it's seen over and over again at many different shows.

So that's my two cents. Here are some of my favorites from London so far:
Louise Gray


Mary Katrantzou


And winner of this year's Fashion Fringe: Corrie Nielson


No comments:

Post a Comment